Diabetic Shoe Information
Therapeutic shoes are covered under Medicare and some secondary insurance for patients who have a variety of conditions. These may include poor circulation, foot deformity, history of pre-ulcerative callus and/or foot ulcerations. These shoes are sized and ordered in our pharmacy by a trained shoe fitter. Upon arrival, the specialized inserts are customized further for the individual patient. Medical will cover 1 pair of extra depth customized off the shelf shoes and 3 pairs of customized inserts every year.
The styles of shoes vary greatly. Patients can choose from tennis shoes, dress shoes, and about everything in between. To get started, please print in the form below, take it to your doctor’s office and have them fill it out and sign it OR we can make the request of your doctor.
Click here to see available Diabetes Footwear we have available from Dr. Comfort.
Click here for Directions for Diabetic Shoes & Inserts.
We Are Diabetes Care Specialists
Diabetes care products and services include:
- Medicare Covered Diabetic Shoes
- All brands of meters
- Training and support provided
- Blood Sugar Testing Reports – Downloaded from your meter
- In-home and In-Store Diabetes Shoe Fittings
- We handle the billing for Medicare and all major insurance plans
- Covered by Medicare
- Fitted by our trained staff
- New pair each year
- Most comfortable pair of shoes you will ever own